Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bedroom Redesign

March Madness Project

Eric and I suffer from allergies something fierce.  So we decided to remodel our bedroom.  The Allergist suggested we get rid of our carpet and the ceiling fan, so we did!  We replaced the carpet with gray laminate flooring that looks like hard wood.  Then we replaced the ugly ceiling fan with a charming chandelier.  I LOVE it!  

Eric had more ideas about adding a second closet, but at the last minute, I talked him out of it!  So glad I did because we utilized every inch of our walk-in closet.  I also talked him into letting me be the  "Project Manager" for this job.  He agreed because he thinks I am an awesome designer!  Okay, so he didn't say that, but he is the type of husband who likes to make me happy.  (I got a good one ladies.)  Anyway, I'm glad he agreed because my design aesthetic is bold, eclectic, and funky!  His is the complete opposite!  (Again, my words cannot convey how much I love you, Eric.)  : )

"Vintage Romance" is the theme of my design.  For the paint color, I mixed two different historic blues to get my peacock color.  It is classic, yet cozy.  Not to forget the knockout wallpaper, black and white stripes, my favorite!  I always have to add a funky twist, it's just who I am.  ; )  The windows are beautifully draped with white ruffled curtains, however, they sent me size 63" instead of 84"!  So I am patiently waiting for the new longer curtains to arrive.  They give the room a soft romantic touch.  

My master bedroom is one of my new favorite rooms.  I still need to change out the furniture, buy rugs, and hang pictures, but at least the big projects are done.  Now I get to go "junkin" to find more treasures to fill my room.  Yes, junk, is one of my favorite things!  Just wait till you see my redesigned french door turned into my new tufted headboard!  Can't wait!  More to come soon!




Micaiah and Jade love the bed!

No comments: